This two-day intensive training will focus on advanced application of Motivational Interviewing (MI) for health care professionals, including methods for:
- Strategically eliciting and strengthening change and commitment talk;
- Decreasing and managing discord;
- Deepening skills of engagement and evocation.
This dynamic and experiential training will feature didactic material, trainer demonstrations, real-play exercises, and audio (or video) recorded practice, coding, and self-evaluation. Enrollment will be limited to 20 people. Co-facilitators and at least one training assistant will be present all day, each day to provide opportunity for personal attention to every participant.
Next Virtual Training:
December 4-5, 2024
Registration closes on November 21, 2024
Who should attend? Any healthcare professional who:
- Has prior training and reasonable proficiency in Motivational Interviewing (see Training Prerequisites below);
- Is interested in taking your MI skill base to the next level in clinical care;
- Is fulfilling advanced training requirements for application to the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT).
Completion of the DIMENSIONS: Motivational Interviewing for Behavior Change – Level I (Introductory) & II (Intermediate) trainings;
Completion of another one- or two-day beginning & intermediate level MI workshops/trainings AND have met the following core competencies:
- Understand and embody the MI Spirit;
- Able to apply MI Spirit, processes, and core skills in behavior change conversations;
- Demonstrate intermediate level competencies in the use of MI skills and strategies.