In this two-day intensive, experiential training, participants will build on their foundational Motivational Interviewing (MI) skills through:
- An increased understanding and application of the MI Spirit;
- Use of strategic reflections to evoke change talk;
- Practice of engagement, focusing, and evocation strategies in clinical conversations.
Deep exploration and practice of MI skills, strategies, and concepts are the focus of this training and will feature cooperative learning activities, real-play practice, trainer demonstrations, and peer engagement.
Next Virtual Training:
June 14-15, 2023
Registration closes May 31, 2023
Who should attend? Any healthcare professional who:
- Has prior training in Motivational Interviewing (see prerequisites below)
- Is interested in deepening and developing your MI practice
- Is ready to take your MI skill base to the next level in clinical care
Completion of the DIMENSIONS: Motivational Interviewing for Behavior Change – Level I (Introductory) training;
Completion of another one- or two-day beginning level MI workshop/training AND have met the following core competencies:
- Understand and embody the MI Spirit;
- Understand and apply MI processes and core skills;
- Demonstrate beginner level competency in use of MI skills and strategies in the context of behavior change conversations.