April 11 @ 8:30 am - April 12 @ 12:30 pmFree
*Training takes place April 11 from 8:30am-4:30pm and April 12 from 8:30am-12:30pm (PT)
- Learn how to successfully negotiate the treatment of tobacco cessation in different healthcare settings
- Learn proper usage of motivational engagement strategies
- Learn how to leverage community referrals
- Facilitate educational activities
- Running peer- or provider-led DIMENSIONS: Tobacco Free groups
This one and a half day training covers tobacco fundamentals, tobacco addiction, tobacco cessation strategies, and a motivational intervention for tobacco cessation. Trainees will also be trained to facilitate the DIMENSIONS Tobacco Free Group curriculum—a 6-week tobacco cessation group.
The Advanced Techniques training is a train-the-trainer model, meaning participants will leave the training with the materials and knowledge to train others at their organization.
* click here to view our cancellation policy.