DIMENSIONS: Motivational Interviewing for Behavior Change – Level II
This two-day intensive training will focus on advanced application of Motivational Interviewing (MI) for health care professionals, including methods for:
- Strategically eliciting and strengthening change and commitment talk;
- Decreasing and managing discord;
- Deepening skills of engagement and evocation.
This dynamic and experiential training will feature didactic material, trainer demonstrations, real-play exercises, and audio (or video) recorded practice, coding, and self-evaluation. Enrollment will be limited to 20 people. Co-facilitators and at least one training assistant will be present all day, each day to provide opportunity for personal attention to every participant.
Next Virtual Training: June 8-9, 2022
Who should attend? Any healthcare professional who:
- Has prior training and reasonable proficiency in Motivational Interviewing (see Training Prerequisites below);
- Is interested in taking your MI skill base to the next level in clinical care;
- Is fulfilling advanced training requirements for application to the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT).
Completion of the DIMENSIONS: Motivational Interviewing for Behavior Change – Level I training;
Completion of another one- or two-day beginning level MI workshop AND have met the following core competencies:
- Understand the stages of change;
- Understand the MI heart set, processes, and core skills;
- Able to recognize change and sustain talk in behavioral change conversations;
- Able to demonstrate beginner level competency and comfort in using MI skills and strategies in the context of behavior change conversations.