DIMENSIONS: Motivational Interviewing for Behavior Change – Level II
- Strategically eliciting and strengthening change and commitment talk;
- Decreasing and managing discord;
- Deepening skills of engagement and evocation.
Next Training: TBD
Who should attend? Any healthcare professional who:
- Has prior training and reasonable proficiency in Motivational Interviewing (see Training Prerequisites below);
- Is interested in taking your MI skill base to the next level in clinical care;
- Is fulfilling advanced training requirements for application to the Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT).
Completion of the DIMENSIONS: Motivational Interviewing for Behavior Change – Level I training;
Completion of another one- or two-day beginning level MI workshop AND have met the following core competencies:
- Understand the stages of change;
- Understand the MI heart set, processes, and core skills;
- Able to recognize change and sustain talk in behavioral change conversations;
- Able to demonstrate beginner level competency and comfort in using MI skills and strategies in the context of behavior change conversations.