Series: Successful Treatment Strategies for At Risk Populations
This webinar series is funded by the Vermont Tobacco Control Program.
These one-hour webinars cover the following topics:
– The Role of Implicit Bias in Tobacco Treatment for Behavioral Health Populations
– Shame, Guilt, and Fear: Do Anti-Smoking Campaigns Work?
– Adverse Childhood Experiences: Pathways to Negative Health Outcomes
– Adverse Childhood Experiences: Implications for Nicotine Addiction and Tobacco Treatment
“Treating Tobacco Dependence & Facilitating Health Systems Change” Online Module
This online learning module is part of “Foundations And Strategies of Tobacco Control (FAST-C)” and is funded by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment State Tobacco Education & Prevention Partnership.
“Treating Tobacco Dependence & Facilitating Health Systems Change” is the sixth module in a series of online modules for the public health workforce and community partners. This informative module is for everyone working in the area of health systems change! The learning objectives are:
- Describe why tobacco use is a chronic disease.
- Understand evidence-based practices, strategies, and interventions for tobacco cessation.
- Explain what “health systems” means and why they are important for tobacco control.
- Understand public health’s role in facilitating health systems change.
Log onto www.TobaccoControlCO.org to complete the module.
DIMENSIONS: Tobacco Pharmacotherapy
Presented by Christine Garver-Apgar, Ph.D.
This one-hour presentation covers the following topics:
– Biology of tobacco dependence
– Symptoms and duration of nicotine withdrawal
– Information on all approved tobacco cessation medications and combination therapies
– Special considerations for at-risk populations
Build a Clinic: Six Module Comprehensive Tobacco Clinic Course
The Behavioral Health and Wellness Program, with the help of its partners, trained primary care clinics to add or augment tobacco cessation services and supports into existing clinical practice. Collectively the six themed webinars and collaborative learning activities linked below comprise a comprehensive series on the skills and knowledge necessary to create, integrate, and operate an efficient tobacco cessation workflow within normal clinic operations.
Access module webinars here.
|Tobacco Cessation Guidelines for Colorado Healthcare Providers
Presented by Laura Martin, M.D.This one-hour training provides information on tobacco cessation clinical guidelines, medication protocols, motivational interviewing techniques, resources such as the Colorado QuitLine, and guidance on addressing emerging tobacco products such as e-cigarettes.