March 8 @ 8:30 am - March 9 @ 12:30 pm$800.00
*Training takes place March 8 from 8:30am-4:30pm and March 9 from 8:30am-12:30pm (MT)
- Learn how to successfully negotiate the treatment of tobacco cessation in different healthcare settings
- Learn proper usage of motivational engagement strategies
- Learn how to leverage community referrals
- Facilitate educational activities
- Running peer- or provider-led DIMENSIONS: Tobacco Free groups
This one and a half day training covers tobacco fundamentals, tobacco addiction, tobacco cessation strategies, and a motivational intervention for tobacco cessation. Trainees will also be trained to facilitate the DIMENSIONS Tobacco Free Group curriculum—a 6-week tobacco cessation group.
The Advanced Techniques training is a train-the-trainer model, meaning participants will leave the training with the materials and knowledge to train others at their organization.